This book tells the history of a small town in south central Utah located on the Union Pacific Railway line about halfway between Delta and Milford. Black Rock’s story first began in about 1870 as a grazing area for milk cows brought from Fillmore and Kanosh; then a store was set up in 1880 with the coming of the railroad. Slowly, one large ranch evolved as well as a very small community next to the railway line. The little town of Black Rock developed around the railway depot, sheep shearing corrals, and a mercantile store & hotel frequented mostly by sheepmen during the winter grazing season. Much of the town died during the time of World War II, partly because of the loss of sheep herding & sheep shearing in the area, and later the change from steam engines to Diesel locomotives on the railroad. All that’s left today are a few foundations where the little town was situated, and the working Black Rock Ranch located east of the old townsite next to the Black Rock Springs.
160 pages, 142 B+W fotos, perfect bound & waterproof cover, 15cms x 23cms (6″x9″), ISBN 0-944510-12-4.